Saturday, June 18, 2016

Around the Interwebs...


Still really into the rainbow books.

Here's what else I'm into this week:

I found this blog, Pop Goes the Reader.  Jen is running a series right now called Her Story: Ladies in Literature and it's been so interesting!
HER STORY: LADIES IN LITERATURE is a special, month-long series on Pop! Goes The Reader in which we celebrate the literary female role models whose stories have inspired and empowered us since time immemorial. From Harriet M. Welsch to Anne Shirley, Becky Bloomwood to Hermione Granger, HER STORY: LADIES IN LITERATURE is a series created for women, by women as thirty-nine authors answer the question: “Who’s your heroine?”
 Check that out - it's super cool!

I tried this best way to side part and it has revolutionized my life (or at least how I part my hair.)

I read this article in defense of unlikable women. It came to me at an interesting time - right after my review of The Girl on the Train, where my main complaint was the unlikable characters (all women.) It made me wonder if I would have felt the same if they were men instead of women... I would hope so, but it's definitely something to think about.

Also, I'm joining Our Shared Shelf for the first time this month with a reading of Persepolis. I read Persepolis several years ago, so I'm rereading it for the discussion. Have you read Persepolis? Are you part of any online book clubs?

So, that's all the new things I've been into this week. What about you? Anything interesting to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment