Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Little Reads: What Do You Do With A Problem?



Let's talk about the newest Yamada book.  I've saved the best for last. 


Psst... It's my favorite. (Because it applies so well to my life. Ha!)


Once again... That inside cover though...


What Do You Do With A Problem? is about a persistent problem and the child who doesn't know what to do about it.


Should he just ignore it? Should he hide from it? No matter what he does, the problem seems to keep growing. (Sound familiar, grown ups? Yeah... Me too.)


I've spent far too much of my adult life like this avoiding my problems instead of facing them head-on.


Eventually he settles down and decides that he just needs to face him problem and begin to work on it, instead of hiding from it.


I love this book so much I don't even have the right words to say about it. But just like the first Yamada book, I think this should be required reading for people of all ages. Especially kids in middle school, high school, and college when anxiety and stress are so rampant.

I guess all I really know is that it has made a profound impact on me.

What was it that C.S. Lewis said about children's books? Ah yes,
"A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest."
Pick these up if you haven't yet. You need them in your home library.

No comments:

Post a Comment