Friday, August 19, 2016

Friday Finds



Hello again! What a week, but we made it.

A little week recap for you:

I made 2 trips to the library, cleaned none of my house, and had a few super unproductive days at work. But we have reading as an escape and that's all that matters right?

Speaking of reading - this week I finished Dark Matter (review coming next week) and started The Nest. Coming from the high that Dark Matter was, The Nest just isn't grabbing me the way I wanted it to. Tell me it lives up to the hype!

I also finished listening to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and started Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I LOVE the cover art for the audio books. Can I get some paperbacks with that cover art? Dang.

Here are some links I've loved this week:

  • I loved this buzzfeed list of 51 of the best pieces of advice from books. My favorite? "The more you expect from life, the more your expectations will be fulfilled. By laughing, you do not use up your laughter, but increase the store of it. The more you love, the more you will be loved. The more you give, the more you will receive. Life proves that truth every hour, every day. And life continues to surprise." -Life Expectancy, Dean Koontz. I've never read anything by Dean Koontz. Maybe I should change that.
  • Kate is hair goals. Ugh. If I could get my hair to do a fraction of the things that hers did, I would be fabulous all the time. 
  • I really want to make this Jambalaya next week, but my husband has an issue with rice. I don't understand. Rice is basically nothing... what is there to have an issue with?
  • Remember this? HAHAHAHA I haven't read any of those and summer is almost over. But I did get three of the books on Isla's list, so that's something. 
  • This? I cried. Love Sadie. She's such an inspiration to me.
  • All these people talking about fall, fall, fall... I can't even deal. It's still in the 90s here and it won't get cool until October. 
What are you up to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment