Thursday, November 17, 2016

Big Reads: The Raven Cycle



Do I even have words for these Raven boys?

I love Maggie Stiefvater. I loved her Wolves of Mercy Falls series. I loved The Scorpio Races. But I was very hesitant to give The Raven Cycle a chance. I think that's due to all the hype it gets on instagram, but the series definitely lives up to the hype.

Plus all three boys are bae.

I listened the these books instead of reading them. They're narrated by Will Patton (best known by me for being the white coach from Remember the Titans.) He's fantastic. Just wonderful. It took me a second to get past the extra southern accent he gave to Adam, but it works.

I'm not sure what else to say about The Raven Cycle. It's got psychics, psychic mirrors, friendship, ghosts, hit men, dreamers, family drama, a quest for a sleeping king, feminism, a cursed romance, and true love (or two.) What's not to love?

These are definitely going on my reread stack.

No comments:

Post a Comment