Thursday, February 2, 2017

What's Saving My Life Right Now


Last week, I saw a fantastic post from Modern Mrs. Darcy (apparently my favorite blog ever), about how this time of the year is tough and also how it's so easy to focus on the things in life that are killing you. But, what's saving your life? That may be harder to pinpoint, but once you shift your focus, you notice more and more things to be grateful for.

So, what is saving my life right now?
  • The Harry Potter series on audio. I'm on Half Blood Prince now, and I'm so so glad that I signed up for an Audible membership just to get these books. It has definitely been worth it.
  • Tasty videos. Man, these make me hungry, but they make cooking anything look so effortless.
  • My lamb slippers. So soft. So warm. So cozy. So ridiculous in the best way.
  • And bunny robe. Ditto for all of the above.
  • My heating pad - I put it at my feet in bed every night and it's so cozy and warm. (I'm sensing a theme here...)
  • The de-stress yoga session on Daily Burn. It really does de-stress.
  • The library! I always have a hard time going to the book store without spending some ridiculous amount of money. The library gives me those same "bringing home lots of books" endorphins without murdering my budget.
  • New coffee cups. My husband says I "have a problem" and we "don't have anywhere to put all these cups," but I don't care because cute cups are so awesome! And usually under $10! Maybe even under $5 if you see any cute ones at the Target Dollar Spot. Target, FTW.
  • Super long, super hot showers. Is there anything better? Maybe a super long, super hot shower right before bed when you've just put fresh, clean sheets on. AMIRIGHT?
  • De-cluttering. I read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up some time ago, and it all sounded wonderful, but I just don't have it in me to tackle my entire house at once. So, I'm working my way through one room at a time. (And I'm counting each closet as it's own room...) January's room was the playroom/office. In February, I'll be tacking the closet in that room (and hopefully installing shelving) and possibly Isla's room. We're upgrading her to a big girl bed, so I'll need to do something in there.
Well, there's ten things that are saving my life right now. What's saving your life right now? 

And if you linked up with Modern Mrs. Darcy for this, drop your link in the comments. I'd love to check it out. 

2 comments:

  1. I started following you on instagram recently because I love your feed! I also linked up to the modernmrsdarcy post. And, AMEN to the library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just found you and followed you back! :-)

      Delete