Friday, September 9, 2016

Book of the Month Club - September


It's the best day of the month - BOTM unboxing day!

I got my Book of the Month Club box yesterday and I CAN. NOT. WAIT. to read this book. I chose Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue. I mentioned in my Instagram story yesterday (are we instafriends? Find me here.) Anyway, I mentioned in my story yesterday that I've been wanting to diversify my reading a bit. I find most of the books I read are about white people by white people. I don't think it's intentional. I think it just happens, but I've been trying to be a little more intentional about the diversity of what I'm reading.



I think Behold the Dreamers will be a good jumping off point.


Have you joined Book of the Month Club yet? This is the third box I've received from them and I've loved everything I read so far. If you'd like to join, use code 30TOTE for 30% off a three month subscription PLUS you get a free tote. It's really a steal - the box is normally $16.95 a month for one new hardback book, plus you can add two other hardbacks from the current months selections OR previous months selections for only $9.99 a piece. Such a steal for hardbacks. 


Anyway, I can't read Behold the Dreamers. Have you read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment