Saturday, October 1, 2016

October TBR



It's October! It's just beginning to feel a little bit like fall here in the south. Still pretty warm during the day, but the early mornings and late evenings have been downright cool.

Which makes me want to read fall books. Whatever that means. I do have one kind of spooky book on deck this month in honor of Halloween.

Here's what I'm hoping to read this month:

  • Wolf Road - I've heard wonderful things about this book and I've been excited to read it. I think it will be first up.
  • All the Ugly and Wonderful Things - I'm trying to catch up on my Book of the Month Club books and can't wait to dive in to this one. I've hears it's tough to read, but just so beautiful.
  • Behold the Dreamers - another BOTM book, and one that will help me diversify my reading. I'm hoping it wont be as tough as The Underground Railroad, which I finished last month. It took me forever to read that one, but I'm so glad I did.
  • Rebecca - this is my somewhat spooky/creepy read. On a recent episode of What Should I Read Next? a reader described Rebecca as the best reading experience she's ever had. Not gonna lie; I'm kind of nervous, but I'm really hoping I'll have the same experience.
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - I'm listening to one Harry Potter book per month (audible subscription - holla!) I've been enjoying it so much. Jim Dale is fantastic. 
I'm sure I'm going to read more than this (I think I read 10 books last month, but it's hard to plan for the audiobooks I listen to, since it depends on what's available from the library.) What are you planning to read this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment